Thursday, May 8, 2014

End of Year Reflection :(

My biggest struggle during this project was the conflicting times and schedules that everyone had, including the members of the paintball club. At times getting my group members on the same schedule was difficult. The stress of editing and being afraid that the project would not turn out well, was also a struggle that I faced. The final project is the aspect of the project that makes me most proud. I believe the documentary was well put together in the end and turned out amazing. I would have changed the group we focused on. Although the paintball team was well, they were rather unreliable in the beginning and slow to communicate, which put a huge halt on our project. I along with Brandy were personally responsible for editing the first 2:45 of the documentary. Additionally, I was in constant contact with the Paintball team, I along with Susan and Brandy wrote the interview questions. Unfortunately, our group got off to a very bad start. Some people in the group proved unreliable until the end. However, there was miscommunication throughout the process. I do feel as if I contributed a fair amount to the group project.

I believe this course was very successful in sharpening my critical thinking skills. I absolutely loved learning about different communication skills and their functions. There is no way I would have preferred writing 4 essays to the work we did throughout the semester. I believe this course was great in allowing me to step out of my comfort zone, I would not have wanted to learn second semester WRD any other way. I really enjoyed completing the blog post the absolute most and the readings we had to do, Detroit vs. Everybody was my favorite. The interaction regarding the last supper was the most intriguing, I have actually made a few of my friends go through the interaction. I believe making the groups smaller will be helpful for future classes. Smaller groups allows for the work to be distributed and completed fairly amongst the group members. If I could change one thing I would change how discussions are after doing a reading and blog post. I noticed there wasn't much participation, maybe a round table would be more effective or forced replies. But other than that I am very sad that the class has come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment